setting up outlook express

howard64 19:04 22 Dec 06
  Kingfisher 19:13 22 Dec 06

try this click here and scroll down to talk21 where you should find the info you require good luck

Kingfisher 19:14 22 Dec 06

should have said you need page 6 on the link

VoG II 19:15 22 Dec 06

Does click here help?

howard64 20:12 22 Dec 06

Thanks for the info but although it looks as though it is working I get the following error message. The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop3.talk21.com', Server: 'in.talk21.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

howard64 20:31 22 Dec 06

the message now is - The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'in.talk21.com', Server: 'out.talk21.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

VoG II 21:17 22 Dec 06
  beeuuem 23:55 22 Dec 06

Have you paid for the BT Yahoo premium service?
Talk21 became the BT Yahoo basic service which is a webmail only account i.e. you can't use it with Oulook or OutlookExpress.
Which is why I stopped using it.

p;3 00:08 23 Dec 06

when did talk21 become the BTyahoo basic service?

and if so, if they are synonymous, that should mean that I am , I think , also not able to download mails .....

beeuuem 04:57 23 Dec 06

As I understand it this happened as described click here. Certainly my talk21 account stopped downloading to OE.
From click here What is the difference between web-based and client email? Print this page
View tutorial

"Web-based email" means that your BT Yahoo! Mail account is actually a web site, permitting seamless integration of web capabilities and your email, as well as providing access to your email from any Internet-connected computer in the world.

Once you have connected to the Internet you can simply point your computer's web browser to:

click here

and sign into your account.

"Client email" refers to email sent from a program on your computer (e.g., Outlook or Eudora). These programs typically use POP3 to access your mailbox. To access your BT Yahoo! Mail using POP3, subscribe to BT Yahoo! Premium Mail.

If there is a way to do it, without paying for the 'Premium' service I too would like to know how.

p;3 13:08 23 Dec 06

p3 scratches head vigorously

??has this yet managed to be sorted?

I was wondering if one of the addresses needed changing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac