setting up outlook

adamagain 23:13 01 Jul 05

I have just started on broadband with
Im not sure how to set up outlook so i can send emails etc
Any help please how to do this

mgmcc 23:35 01 Jul 05

Essentially you need to set up a new "Account" in Outlook (or is it Outlook Express?). Either way there is a simple wizard to follow. The information that you need is:

Your Virgin account "Username"

Your Virgin account "Password"

Your Email address which will be "[email protected]"

The incoming POP3 mail server -

The outgoing SMTP mail server -

or you can use for both!

In Outlook Express menus, go to "Tools > Accounts", click "Add" and then "Mail"

In Microsoft Outlook menus, go to "Tools > Email Accounts" and the wizard opens from there.

adamagain 23:39 01 Jul 05

many thanks

chaoswarror 10:12 02 Jul 05

I had cause recently to uninstall my outlook 97 from XP along with Outlook professional upgrade 98.
up to then my outlook worked fine now on reloading the software I am unable to pick up my emails from NTL.
I have set up the profile as was than and is the very much the same now.

I have tried extending the time-out period also change from man setup, modem setup and back to lan.
My computer is connected to cable modem via network card, the only thing I can think of is surport for my old outlook has been dropped although NTL say this is not so any ideas please.

Eric hall

mgmcc 20:47 02 Jul 05

<<<now on reloading the software I am unable to pick up my emails from NTL.>>>

The same information as in the previous case needs to be entered, but related to NTL obviously. As regards the connection, in the Email Settings there may be a section for "More Settings" with a dialog box that includes a Connections tab. In there you can select "Connect using my Local Area Network". This is actually a setting in Outlook 2002, but there should be something similar in 97/98 and it may be Outlook not finding your internet connection that is preventing you from accessing your mail.

chaoswarror 20:04 10 Jul 05

Strange but I still can not get email from ntl. awaiting a response from NTL though.
I did make a sucessful email collect with Outlook Express 6 and now I have access to calendars,tasks,notes,etc etc also which I never had before with Express. So guess I use Express instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…