setting up of opera email acc in aol communicator?

holly polly 20:53 02 Nov 03

hi using aol communicator wanting to import the various email accounts i have ,how do i find out my host and server address?,anybody out there can talk me through it please-regards -hol pol...

holly polly 22:01 02 Nov 03

bump

Chegs ? 00:25 03 Nov 03

Somewhere in the prog will have something similar to

Pop3 server

Incoming mail(Pop3)=mail.your-isp .co.uk

Outgoing mail(smtp)smtp.your-isp .co.uk

holly polly 01:16 03 Nov 03

as my isp is aol and i want to import my pop 3 acc from opera to aol communicator it will be something like -pop3 mail .aol.com is this right? anymore comments please -regards -hol pol...

holly polly 08:31 03 Nov 03

bump problem still not sorted -hol pol...

Simsy 14:27 03 Nov 03

If I'm reading this correctly you've got it the wrong way around...

You have your email provided by Opera, which you pay Opera for... Is that statement correct? (If that is not correct then I don't think you can get your opera email via an email client... you have to read/write it via a web browser.)

You want to use Netscape communicator as the tool to read the email... Is that correct?

If the answer to both is correct, then, (and I'm not familiar with communicator so I'm guessing!), it will be something like "pop3 mail .opera.com" not, as you are suggesting "pop3 mail .aol.com"

I hope this makes sense, and is of some help! My apologies if it's just muddied things!

Regards,

Simsy

Chegs ? 14:42 03 Nov 03

Reread it,and Opera has an email client included.In its cfg,you put your email addy,which would likely have similar too....mail.AOL.com.....It isn't an email app(like Outlook Express)its (Opera) email uses OE/Outlook cfg,I just looked in my Opera cfg's and it ONLY offers Outlook Express.So I doubt if it will work with other email apps.

holly polly 17:09 03 Nov 03

gday perhaps ,it would be better if i gave the whole story ,aol user as you know aol doesnt have provision to use outlook etc ,then along came aol communicator ,this supposedly gives you the ability to check and send all your email to just like outlook ,set up opera email and yahoo email it is tiresome having to open up the opera browser /ie browser to check my email at these accounts ,anybody know how to do this please?-r5egards -hol pol...

Djohn 17:27 03 Nov 03

I've just had a word with,"He He" a forum member, he might know and is having a look for you. j.

holly polly 17:30 03 Nov 03

gday john ,many thanks -appreciate it -hol pol...

?di 17:38 03 Nov 03

Go into AOL communicator >>> edit (on the toolbar) >>> New account >>> Email account with an internet service provider, then follow those instructions...I think thats what you mean? or do you need the POP3 addresses for Opera mail?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…