Setting to open windows maximised is unstable

Nosmas 10:39 31 May 04

System W98SE IE v6.0 SP1

When using IE I frequently right click on a link to open it in a new window. That window was normally smaller and one needed to click the Maximize button to cover the whole screen.

In February I took the advice of VOG click here in his post of 08/02/04 @ 21:11 hrs and from then on my windows have opened fully maximised. However two days ago IE suddenly reverted to opening windows at less than maximum. I repeated VOG's method which then worked until the next re-boot when it again reverted to less than maximum. This has now happened three times. If VOG is on line can he, or anyone else, please tell me if there is a means to stabilise this setting so that windows ALWAYS open fully maximised?

VoG II 11:00 31 May 04

Sorry I don't know another way. You could try Powerless' method of editing the registry.

GRFT 11:25 31 May 04

Why don't you try "IE New Window Maximizer."? It's on a recent PCA coverdisc. I installed it on my Win98SE system and it works perfectly every time.

VoG II 16:12 31 May 04

Found click here

Nosmas 20:52 31 May 04

GRFT - Thanks for that suggestion.

VoG - Thank you for posting the link to jiisoft. My system has been behaving rather oddly for some time, with problems such as this cropping up and then rectifying themselves. After another re-boot I find that windows are now back to opening fully maximised - and so far as I am aware I have not done anything to correct the problem!

I downloaded the program from your link but haven't yet installed it. In view of the 'rectification' that has occurred I will leave it for a while. I am in any case preparing to move over to XP fairly soon, and hopefully will then have a more stable system. In the meantime I will Green Tick this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…