Setting number of lines scrolled with arrow keys

Ironman556 22:59 22 Jul 04

Hi

A friend has just got a new (second hand) PC running Win XP. She's having a problem in MS Word (I'm assuming 2000 or 2002) where whenever an arrow key is pressed to navigate up or down a line it jumps more than one line. The key she's using is labelled "scroll up". It sounds to me like it's acting as a "page up" key, but I can't find any settings in word or windows to change it.

Any ideas? thanks!

woodchip 23:06 22 Jul 04

Keyboard Software will control it, It sound like it's a Media Keyboard Look in Control Panel for some settings it may be incoperated into the Win Keyboard settings

sicknote 23:08 22 Jul 04

Go to control panel >mouse >wheel and adjust scroll lines

woodchip 23:15 22 Jul 04

keyboard problem

sicknote 23:31 22 Jul 04
  woodchip 23:43 22 Jul 04

yes more than likely a word settings problem.

Ironman556 go into settings in Word to check the scroll function

Ironman556 11:22 23 Jul 04

I can't find any settings in word to control scrolling. Could you point me in the rigfht direction please.

Also she says now that the caps lock causes the curser to move down a line and then goes into caps when it feels like it.

I'll get to have a look at the PC tonight. It sounds like more than a problem in word to me. Could it be that it's a media keyboard using the standard keyboard driver? Would that mess it up like this?

Thanks, Ironman.

Ironman556 12:08 23 Jul 04

Unfortunately it confuses matters (to me anyway).It's only started doing strange things this week, but for the previous 2 weeks it's been fine. Could it be some word perfect setting activated accidentally?

sicknote 12:26 23 Jul 04

Can you not restore back those two weeks ??

Ironman556 15:56 23 Jul 04

I'm always wary of what system restore changes though. What would it leave and what would it change? For example would it remove everything created after a given date and therefore remove word documents & things?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…