Setting up new XP Pro upgrade; effect on email act

Mike0065 21:03 14 Mar 06

Just installed XP Pro upgrade today (from XP Home) and had to re-enter my POP3 email account data in Outlook 2003. For some reason, I can't now log in to the account. I get a server timeout and the ISP's server saying that it doesn't recognise my account details. I can still log on (using same username and password) on the webmail service, so there can't be anything wrong with the name or password.

Any ideas?

I've tied all the obvious things, but am I missing something? Could the XP installation have some something to security settings somewhere down the line?

johnnyrocker 21:18 14 Mar 06

send yoursel an e mail to that account from elsewhere ie webmail/hotmail etc

johnny.

Mike0065 21:21 14 Mar 06

I've done that already - I can see the mail if I log on over the web but can't access it using Outlook

johnnyrocker 21:34 14 Mar 06

delete and recreate the account as you ma have entered the details incorrectly when setting it up on pc.

johnny.

Mike0065 22:23 14 Mar 06

Done that too - no joy!

johnnyrocker 23:17 14 Mar 06

there has to be a set up error if webmail works, have you got the proper connection set in further settings.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…