Setting up a new system

Buchan 35 21:18 16 Apr 05

My mate has a problem getting any anti-virus and anti spyware. He`s not yet on the `net. I`m seeing him tomorrow to help him get on the `net but he would like to have some of the AV and anti spyware first. It may be that he`ll have to because I don`t think he`s got a modem. Can I download a few of the popular free programmes to a CD and instal them on his PC before he goes on the `net? I need to know how to do so. B

Night Ryder 21:23 16 Apr 05

Search for these. "Ad-aware" and "SpywareBlaster". Save these somewhere on your hard drive then burn them to a CD.

great1 21:29 16 Apr 05

click here

Try this free anti-spyware from microsoft

if you have some of the pc advisor cover discs look for the avg anti-virus program

G1

happy dragon 21:31 16 Apr 05

if he has no modem how is he going to get on the net?

great1 21:38 16 Apr 05

"Can I download a few of the popular free programmes to a CD and instal them on his PC before he goes on the `net? I need to know how to do so. B "

I can only surmise that Buchan35 will install a modem for him at a later date

G1

Buchan 35 21:40 16 Apr 05

happy my friend, I`ll sort that out.Night Rider and great 1 thanks for the quick replies. I`ve already got Avast 4, Spybot [email protected], AdAware, SE cCleaner & Microsoft A/S on my PC so all I`ve got to do is find a way to download to a CD. I`m a novice in training, how do I do it??? Thanks

great1 21:45 16 Apr 05

If you download the microsoft anti-spyware prog.

select save rather than RUN then you can burn it to cd
or if you want email me and i will send it to you in an attachment, although make sure your email prog. will let you download messages with attachments

Technotiger 21:53 16 Apr 05

Hi Mate - better if you have a copy of PCA May 2005. All you need on CD coverdisk.

Cheers.

Buchan 35 22:12 16 Apr 05

Hello mate , I gave it away to a lad who wanted something on it. Never mind, I`d rather get him on the internet and then download but he`s as paranoid as me.

Technotiger 22:15 16 Apr 05

Understood - but I always think it is better, if possible, to get the protection off-line (ie from CD's) before going on-line - even if the stuff needs updating once on-line. If you would like CD's let me know.

Cheers.

Technotiger 22:16 16 Apr 05

Just noticed - you are seeing him tomorrow - hmmmm don't think Post Office are that quick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now