setting new software as default???

raggy 2 19:15 19 Jan 05

please can someone advise me ( in fool proof lingo) how to set my new software --- kodak easyshare as my default for viewing my pictures as at the moment I load them onto my pc and then when I view them in their folders they are viewed with 'microsoft picture editor' which to put it midly is not a scratch on the kodak software.
Thanks in advance Raggy

ACOLYTE 19:18 19 Jan 05

Ok lets see open my pictures then right click a picture select properties then you should see what opens them hit the change button and select the kodak software from the list.

raggy 2 19:25 19 Jan 05

thanks, this works with the picture on an individual basis but not the whole file, i have to right click on each picture, is there a way of doing it once and for all, should i delete microsoft picture editor???

raggy 2 19:43 19 Jan 05

please help me I am desperate

mec13 19:51 19 Jan 05

When I first loaded Kodak Easyshare onto my machine, it asked me if it should be the default viewer, I clicked 'yes', and so it is. I know it sounds stupid, but did you miss that bit? try re installing kodak easyshare.

Dorsai 19:55 19 Jan 05

How to do it may vary with differnt versions of windows.

I have XP, so will give instructions for XP.

Double click on 'My computer'. In the new windows, left click on 'tools' (at the top) and left click on 'folder options' from the drop down menu.

In the newly opened 'folder options' window select the 'File Types' tab.

Wait for windows to 'fill in' the list.

Pictures come in several differnt types.

The most common for a camera is JPG/JPEG.

Scroll down the list 'registered file types' till you find JPG in the left side (under Registered File Types'). Left click on JPG. at the bottom you should now see a 'Details' section. There will be a bit that sais (along the lines of) 'opens with <icon> microsoft picture editor' followed by a button 'change'.

Left click on 'change'.

You will now need to find, on your PC, the 'kodack easyshare' prog that you wish to use. I dont know what this prog is called, or where it will be.

YOu may be offered a list of avaliable programs to pick from. Hopefully, the kodak easyshare prog will will be in the list.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…