Setting a new region to burn onto DVD

hunny bunny 21:26 24 Nov 03

Help,
My parents go to Australia on Thursday and I need to burn a DVD for them to take with them. I have tried this before but when i sent it to australia they could not play it as there DVD player is a region 4 and will not play it can I change they way that the DVD is burnt so that they can watch it on theres.
Cheers

Lozzy 22:36 24 Nov 03

windows explorer high light dvd then properties then hardware then advanced then region.

dazzling (work) 23:37 24 Nov 03

when you burn a dvd it is region free.i assume they are playing it on a standalone dvd player.region 2 disks and region 4 are compatible.they will play on each others machines. your problem is you cant produce a region 4 disk just region free.you need to find out the make and model of there dvd player then look here click here for a region free hack.if there is one it will make there dvd player region free and they will be able to play the disc .if there is not one the only option is to buy a new dvd player.the cheap £40 pacific ones in asda can be made region free and will play anything you put in them.hope this helps darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…