Setting up a new broadband network

xania 16:28 04 May 04

I'm planning on setting up a new wired BB network for the 2 PC's in my house. I currently have 2 telephone lines, both used to connect one PC to a dial-up line. My plan is to connect to one line using a modem/router, but the question is which line. One line has a booster and up to 12 phone points - so I would need 13 microfilters, but the other line has just 2 phones plus a printer / scanner / fax machine. The problem: I have heard that BB + microfilters don't work where there's a fax machine on the same line. Can anyone confirm this and is there any way around it? And finally, if I went wireless, would this make any difference?

Many thanks

steven_frost 16:35 04 May 04

your best option is to set it up on the line with only 2 phones attached to it as far as i know a fax should not make any differents to BB i have tested a pc with a dial up model with my BB Modem/Router still running and that worked fine

xania

I have a fax machine on my BB and no problem? As for filters check this out
click here
no need for all them filters

xania 08:41 05 May 04

Thank you both for confirming my thoughts and WSX for your useful link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…