setting up network between windows 2000 and xp

scooby43 10:45 02 May 03

hi all

I have windows 2000 on my main machine and windows xp home on the other my network works but when finding it on the other machine xp home it asks for a name and password to connect to the network strange cause I didnt set it to do that and I am also having trouble getting mine to share the internet with the other computer I use zonealarm which I have configured the network through there. am I right in saying that you can or cant set up the network from windows 2000 to xp or does it have to be xp to windows 2000

scooby43 11:40 02 May 03

scooby43 13:27 02 May 03

hi again

I have managed to set up the internet for the other computer but I am still having a problem when making a file shared for the other pc to see it comes up asking for a password still does anyone know why and how to clear it

scooby43 17:21 02 May 03

can anyone advice me on what to do

hillybilly 18:59 02 May 03

Scooby you must have a user name and password to log on with. Just create an identical user on both machines. Although you say you have not set up any users, I am sure if you press "Ctrl Alt Delete" you bring up the task mananger window and it tell you who are logged on as.

scooby43 20:10 02 May 03

thanks for ur reply I mean it happens when I go through search and find computers on the network type in my name for my comp and it appears when I double click to open it thats when the user and pass comes up but what ever I try it still keeps coming up?
so it wont let me access what is being shared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…