Setting up my Router.

AcidBurn7uk 17:34 15 Apr 04

I posted here a few days ago: click here

I bought the mentioned product, got it home set up - and it's great! The only problem I have is that I don't seem to be able to get voice outside of the network. It works fine on the LAN, and webcam works fine over the internet and on the LAN. Could somebody please tell me what I need to do as I regularly use voice to speak to my Dad (Cheaper than the phone!) He also has a router, Installed same day as mine, so helping me is helping him!! He still won't sign up for the site though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Thanks in advance (although I will still thanks you after you have posted anyway!)

Jay

Sir Radfordin 18:07 15 Apr 04

You may need to tell the router which port you are using for voice and then give your PC a fixed IP address.

I had to do this to be able to use FTP locally.

The reason behind it is you have an IP address which is visable to the outside world. Any incomming traffic needs to know where to go once into the network.

bremner 18:17 15 Apr 04

I may be off the mark here but..

Are you using MSN messenger for your attempted conversation.?

If the answer is yes then many people on this forum have experienced problems with audio on messenger.

The consensus seems to be to use Yahoo Messenger instead.

AcidBurn7uk 11:22 19 Apr 04

Thanks yes, it is MSN messenger. Will give Yahoo ago, just as soon as Dad gets off working nights!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…