Setting MediaPlayer9 to be default player.

koter 21:00 02 Jan 04

When I first installed Windows XP, and when inserting a DVD or CD Audio, I used to get an "Options Screen" which detected the Cd and then allowed me to choose the playback programme, eg. MediaPlayer, Roxio etc.

I have lost this screen. Is there any way of retrieving this.

Thanks in advance

MAJ 21:14 02 Jan 04

You can bring up that screen by going to "My Computer", right click on your Drive, choose Properties, click the Autoplay tab, choose "Music Files in the dropdown menu and tick the "Prompt me each time to choose an action", click Apply and OK to exit. The next time you insert a music CD it should ask you what you want to do. Alternatively you can choose to open all your music files in WMP9 by right-clicking a music file and choosing "Open With". That will allow you to choose WMP9 as your default music player, tick the little box which says something like "Always use this programme to open files of this type", clicl Apply and OK to exit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…