Setting up KVM switch

Sapins 16:03 24 Jan 05

I am going to set up 2 computers sharing 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 microphone and speakers and 1 monitor. One computer will have XP Home+SP2 and the other will have 98SE.

I will be sharing a broadband connection later on but for the moment I just want to use this on the XP set-up.

Will I be able to switch between systems without losing the broadband connection when I switch back to the XP system? I think I will, I would just like conformation before I set it up.

Spark6 16:31 24 Jan 05

I have 2 machines, both running XP, and am using a Lynksys KVM switch for monitor, keyboard and mouse. They are networked for broadband and printer/folder sharing.

Regarding your query re microphone and speakers I trust someone else will be able to comment. HTH

Sapins 16:41 24 Jan 05

Hi, I want to know if the computer with XP and the broadband connection will still run ok when I switch back to it from the computer with 98SE and no broadband connection.

Spark6 16:57 24 Jan 05

Prior to networking mine, and using a BT Voyageur modem for broadband, I had no problems.

I was able to swap the USB modem between the comps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…