Setting Up IP Addresses/DHCP Servers HELP ME!!!!

cubeladd 16:56 15 Feb 04

I have checked IP address of The LAN connection for my broadband router on TCP/IP properties, and it shows up as as assigned by the DHCP server, which is ok. But then when I use command to check it using "IPCONFIG" it shows up as not having an IP or subnet mask assigned.

When I enter the gateway address of into my web browser to set the router up, the WAN status says that it trying to get an IP from the DHCP server. This is very confusing as I don't understand how the IP address can show up when I click on the LAN properties TCP/IP tab but not elsewhere.

I don't think have Windows XP TCP/IP protocols installed. As when I go to control panel>add new hardware>Add components>networking>details the TCP/IP controls box isn't ticked. I can't install these protocols at the moment as I have lost my Win XP disc. The fact that I don't have these protocols installed might be an obvious answer to my problemm, but I really don't have a clue what Iam on about when it comes to IP adresses.

Can someone please explain

spikeychris 19:22 15 Feb 04

Take a step back and explain what it is your trying to do. Whats it say under ipconfig /all

Whilst the DHCP server is assigning the client (what client) an IP Address, it is not supplying it with the 'default gateway'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…