setting up headset for windows messenger help

patso 22:15 02 Jan 07

can anyone help me with this problem i am trying to set up a headset so my son can talk on windows messenger but cant seem to get it working. i have the two leads plugged in the red in the pink the black one in the line in but when he talks he gets the message "your voice clip was not sent because no sound was detected in the recording".
i have checked the microphone settings and the sound card settings and they are not muted. where do i go from here. the headset is a pro series and is skype certified. it has a disc with drivers but i am getting nowhere

johnnyrocker 23:53 02 Jan 07

windows/msn messenger is very iffy on audio, as for connections i am not aware of the need for three connections for headphones yahoo is best in my opinion for voice and msn for video.
your description is not too clear as skype/msn would appear to be mentioned in the same breath please clarify.

johnny.

patso 00:07 03 Jan 07

ok there is two connectors on the end of the headphone mic set.one is red one is black.the red one is to go in to the mic connector and the black one has a head phone logo on it.i have 3 connectors on the back.a pink a blue and a third one for line in.there seems to be some prob with the sound.i am using xp home and sp2 any one with any more ideas thanks

patso 00:08 03 Jan 07

also it is a dual headset and mic and skype is a free prog with it but i thought you could plug and play these head sets sorry

patso 20:28 07 Jan 07

i have found the answer and posted the result thanks for replying jr

Technotiger 20:33 07 Jan 07

patsos' 'answer' ...

click here

just in case anyone was wondering :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…