Setting up Guest account

Ankermi31 17:05 24 Jun 06

Operating WXP. Wanadoo Broadband

Got two administrator accounts working correctly and no problems.

Need to set up another account for a GUEST.

Managed to set the icon up from Control Panel but cannot get the Internet to log on.

Help! What do Ido next please.

Do not need access to Outlook as the GUEST uses Yahoo so only Internet access required.

Many thanks

Jackcoms 17:08 24 Jun 06

By default a Guest account is a limited account and, thus, probably cannot access the Internet which is, in effect, password protected.

Ankermi31 17:58 24 Jun 06

Thanks but I am certain I can set it up somehow. Just knowing how. The Internet Explorer Icon is on the desktop.!

ade.h 18:01 24 Jun 06

A Guest account can use internet access, but it's up to you to make sure that it has access to the modem or LAN and that the firewall is not blocking it.

Ankermi31 08:57 25 Jun 06

Thanks your two responses. I have now resolved problem. Very easy actually!!

Go Start, Control Panel, User Accounts, click on new account (do not use the guest account) and then follow the set up box through.

You can then connect to the internet by completing the dial up box with your own information and password.

When complete. Log off. Then Log back on click the new icon and you will go through to that desktop. Click on your speedconnection or whatever you use and hey presto you are connected.

So the moral of the story is if you want to set up a separate account for a visitor do not bother with the guest account go straight in for the full "monty"!!

Thanks for the two responses.

Ankermi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…