Setting the font replying to Outlook 2010 e-mails

bon bon 09:02 02 Mar 11

All the new e-mails I create in Outlook 2010 use Rich Text Format and are formatted in the default font I set up- Aerial 12 pt. However incoming e-mails are invariably created in HTML so when I try to reply to them they doesn't seem to be any way to also use Aerial 12pt by default, the editor forces you to use the pre-set Times New Roman font. Is there any way of changing the default font when replying to e-mails created in HTML?

rawprawn 10:00 02 Mar 11

I Have Office 2007, but I think it will be the same in 2010

Try Tools> Options> Mail Format> Stationary and Fonts> Replying or Fotwarding Messages

bon bon 12:59 02 Mar 11

Thanks rawprawn for your help. Outlook 2010 seems quite a bit different in command layout to 2007 but your advice set me on the right road to resolve my problem. The Outlook 2010 route is- File - Options - Mail - Stationary and Fonts - Personal Stationary - Replying or Forwarding Messages - Font. Initially this option was 'greyed out' but that was because a 'theme' at the top of this same screen. Removing the theme removed the greyed out option and I could then select the required font. Thanks again

rawprawn 16:11 02 Mar 11

Glad that you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…