Setting Up Faxing on MCE

alexgray104 11:46 10 Apr 06

Hi,
I have recently purchased a laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition installed (c/w discs). On my last laptop (XP Home) I could fax documents using my modem but on here I don't have the option in communications. I tried to install it from Add Printers using my OS discs but it won't find the file. Does anybody know how to get this working or a decent 3rd party program I can use instead of the Windows Console. Many Thanks in advance for your much appreciated help!
Alex

howard63 12:02 10 Apr 06

by chance you haven't recently upgraded from dial up to broadband? Broadband cannot fax directly.

alexgray104 12:07 10 Apr 06

I upgraded to broadband whilst on my other laptop and could still quite happily fax whilst connected on a PAYG dialup service, It's just this laptop hasn't got the console installed.

Stuartli 13:03 10 Apr 06

You should find the Fax feature from Add/Remove Windows Components (Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Components).

pj123 13:20 10 Apr 06

Has this new laptop actually got an analogue modem installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…