Setting up a Dual Boot when XP already installed

darkjedimistress 21:27 18 Feb 04

Hi there. I have XP installed on my C Drive and I wish to load Windows ME on my D Drive so that I can still play many games such as Sensi Soccer that will not work with XP. Is it as simple as booting with a Windows ME Emergency Start up disk and installing ME to the D Drive? Am assuming in such a case XP will take over and give me a dual boot option?

Chegs ® 21:42 18 Feb 04

If you try to load 98se after XP it will cause you problems.It IS possible though,especially if you have apps such as Partition Magic to help.

leo49 21:44 18 Feb 04

The easy way would have been to do it the other round - ie ME first then XP.With XP already installed it's a different kettle of fish.See the repost of flecc's original post in this thread:

click here

Newuser38 21:48 18 Feb 04

Beat me to it again! click here

gold 47 22:17 18 Feb 04

Why not put a second hard drive in set to slave
and put WME on it i have a dual boot using two hard drives the only problem i have is that if i want to change the OS i have togo into the bios and change first boot F in my case otherwise it just boots to XP.

darkjedimistress 22:40 18 Feb 04

okay thanks all for replying, I felt that might be the case, no problem though, easy to rectify!

Robotic_Rob 22:50 18 Feb 04

for my own knowledge. whats this about setting programs to a later windows version to get the to work. whats that all about then if darkjedimistress cant play old games on xp? At this stage i am a little confused on the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017