Setting Up A Drive

goll_y 16:32 01 Nov 03

I'm trying to set up my a drive. Does anyone have a picture / know a website to show which cable seems to go where.

I've managed to get it to show up on my computer but it is not registering the disks that I have tried putting in. It just says load disc.

Please help

anchor 16:39 01 Nov 03

Have a look here for a start:

click here

A search in Google for "installing floppy drive" will bring up others.

slimbo51 16:52 01 Nov 03

General Rules on installing drives and cd roms.

1.Put all H/Drives on Primary IDE.

2.Put all Cd rom units on Secondry

3.All cables when looking at proc and fan should show the tracer wire (Usually Red) facing u.

4.Floppy disk cable Tracer wire opposite way round away from u.

5. Do not mix H/Drives and Cd Rom units on same IDE.

Hope This Helps.

DieSse 17:06 01 Nov 03

First - the floppy drive cable will have a "split and twist" in it near one end. This end is the one that goes to the drive. The other end gose to the motherboard. Do not use the middle connector (if there is one).

You will see a red tracer down one edge of the cable - this is on pin 1 of the connectors. Look in the motherboard book and on the floppy drive to see whch pin1 of the connector is.

The power cable is fairly obvious, and I don't think you can get that wrong.

It's not possible to "know" which way round the cable goes at the floppy drive (ie which end of the connector is pin1) - as different makes have them different ways round. You must look - if you get it wrong at the floppy drive end, the light on the floppy drive will be on all the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…