Setting up a discussion forum

skan 10:42 29 Dec 06

Hi,

I was talking to some friends & collegues and it was suggested that we should start a site where private or registered members only are allow in to discuss, like a forum.

We are all in the construction industries & are not terribly IT knowledgible.

What we would like is selective members to use & discuss mainly queries related to our trade/profession. Something silimar to this but we would like to have joining members to register with some details of their background/profile & vetted if possible before allowing them in.

(1) Is there a software or free website where we can set this up?
(2)Is it easy to set up?
(3) What should I look out for?
(4) Anyone got any experienec ethat can share with me?

Thanks & I will pass this on to the others members

VoG II 10:51 29 Dec 06

You need something like click here and a website to host it on.

anskyber 10:54 29 Dec 06

You have posted in Absolut Beginners so its fair to assume none of you have significant technical skill. (no offence intended)

It is possible to do as you wish but it is not as straightforward as it sounds. Given you will want a site which is open to anyone who qualifies the site will need to be well run.

It seems to me you could consider getting quotes from a web site developer to create one for you. Is there not a site already in existence in the construction trade which you could use?

Kate B 12:12 29 Dec 06

click here is dead easy to set up and run and it's free. If you want to get your hands dirty there's a good support forum with lots of bits of javascript from users to customise your board.

Pamy 14:46 29 Dec 06

Yahoo do what you want click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…