setting default printer??

Keithrow 17:13 06 Oct 05

When I want to change the default printer, I have to go into 'control panel' and then into 'Printers and faxes' before setting which of my two printers is the default. Or do I??
In W98SE, there was a setting for printers when you went into 'my programs'. Am I missing something in XP?
Keith

Stuartli 17:22 06 Oct 05

Try Settings>Menu>Printers and Faxes link

Haven't got a printer at the moment but it was set as the default when I did have one.

Keithrow 17:29 06 Oct 05

I don't think I made myself very clear in my first post.
I have two HP printers, one workhorse for text and general low quality output, another for photo's used for this purpose and high quality hard copies.
I change the default status of the printers frequently following the steps mentioned earlier. What I want to know is, is there a simpler way?
Keith

Hamish 17:47 06 Oct 05

Why not creat shortcuts to both printers on the desktop and click which one you wish to use

Stuartli 17:52 06 Oct 05

Read up about Printer configurtion in XP's Help and Support.

Keithrow 19:10 06 Oct 05

for your help Hamish & Stuartli, I have managed to put shortcuts onto the desktop and all is now well.
Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…