setting default printer??

Keithrow 17:13 06 Oct 05

When I want to change the default printer, I have to go into 'control panel' and then into 'Printers and faxes' before setting which of my two printers is the default. Or do I??
In W98SE, there was a setting for printers when you went into 'my programs'. Am I missing something in XP?
Keith

Stuartli 17:22 06 Oct 05

Try Settings>Menu>Printers and Faxes link

Haven't got a printer at the moment but it was set as the default when I did have one.

Keithrow 17:29 06 Oct 05

I don't think I made myself very clear in my first post.
I have two HP printers, one workhorse for text and general low quality output, another for photo's used for this purpose and high quality hard copies.
I change the default status of the printers frequently following the steps mentioned earlier. What I want to know is, is there a simpler way?
Keith

Hamish 17:47 06 Oct 05

Why not creat shortcuts to both printers on the desktop and click which one you wish to use

Stuartli 17:52 06 Oct 05

Read up about Printer configurtion in XP's Help and Support.

Keithrow 19:10 06 Oct 05

for your help Hamish & Stuartli, I have managed to put shortcuts onto the desktop and all is now well.
Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…