Setting default email client for Firefox

Andrew-C 10:28 02 Jan 05

I'm having difficulty getting Firefox to use mozilla as the default email program. Mozilla is the default email program as far as the settings in it are concerned.

However, when i click on a 'mail to' link on a web page Outlook is automatically started.

How do I fix this - I would have thought that it would be possible due to the links between Firefox and Mozilla.

Thanks
andrew

SEASHANTY 16:43 02 Jan 05

Click on START button. On the RH side of window under Control Panel is "Set Programme Access & Defaults". Click on this. Click on the the double arrows to the far right of "customise". See what boxes you have ticked for - allow email access.

SEASHANTY 16:48 02 Jan 05

I should perhaps mention that I use Mozilla Mail as the default but clicking on "contact" or "Mail to" on some websites automatically selects O.E. I just leave it as it is and it goes by O.E. I presume that this is the only way the website will accept the mail. Who am I to argue. Its either that or cancel sending the message.

Andrew-C 17:58 02 Jan 05

thanks seashanty - should have pinted out that i'm running windows 2000, can't find the appropriate area via control panel...

Stuartli 18:05 02 Jan 05

Try XP's Set Program Access and Defaults panel.

Irishman 18:11 02 Jan 05

Download the latest updates for 2000. Set Programme Access is one of these.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced