Setting up a chicken cam!

etherington 23:02 20 Jan 09

Hi,
I want to set up a fixed camera that wirelessly sends a video stream that I can display on a web page (ok it's filming my chickens and I know there are medical help forums but this is a tech question ;-)

I'm looking for some simple instructions and guidance on what I need to get to solve this one.

From looking around at cameras I think I need to get a wireless fixed camera that includes it's own web server. I think I can connect that to my wireless router (I have a netgear) and then I have no idea what it takes to get the video shown on a web page for all to see (some solutions only seem to support IE).

The blurb says the point of the camera having an inbuilt web server is so that it has its own IP and does not therefore need to be connected to a PC (which is turned off half the time anyway).

However I thought the wireless router had the IP address that was visible on the internet so not sure I follow that bit.

Any simple guidance or pointers to a guide on setting this up gratefully received.
Thanks
Mike

crosstrainer 07:49 21 Jan 09

To be honest, you would be better off (and it's cheaper) to go down the cctv route.

click here

Wireless, and won't btrak the bank. If you shop around a bit O reckon you can get them even more cheaply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5