Setting Up Broadband Network

GuZ><0r 01:31 24 Dec 05

I have Tiscali 1mb broadband and I want to network my two computers via a cable and accessing the internet through one of them. They are both running Xp Pro Sp2, and I would like the second computer to be able to access the internet throught the other one as I don't have a router. I would also like file sharing. Does anybody know of a good guide that will help me to do this or if it will cause any problems.

GuZ><0r 11:37 24 Dec 05

Just bringing to the top

GuZ><0r 18:21 24 Dec 05

Bringing to the top!!!!!

MrMoz 21:19 24 Dec 05

Don't know any tutorials but if they both have network cards connect them using a crossover cable (ask your Computer shop) then use the network setup wizard. You shouldn't have too much trouble.

GuZ><0r 21:39 24 Dec 05

I have once tried to set-up a network between the computers but it did not work for some reason. The computers could not find each other. But I will try again.

MrMoz 21:43 24 Dec 05

Make sure you're using a crossover cbale not a network cable.

GuZ><0r 21:44 24 Dec 05

Thanks. That couyld be why I think. I'm not certain on what cable it is.

Strawballs 22:43 24 Dec 05

Run the network setup wizard on both machines and follow instructions and don't forget that the one with the internet connection will need to be left on for the other one to connect and yes make sure it is a cross over cable it makes a big difference

Stuartli 09:35 25 Dec 05

Don't forget XP's Help and Support...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…