set up for wireless connection

boo_hiss_boo 11:43 30 Dec 06

Hiya guys

I have attempted to set up my daughters laptop through our wireless router, phillips snb5600 and did everything that the set up steps told me to do. I managed to get as far as choosing a connection on the laptop and put in the password that I had entered in the 'host' computer part of the set up, and I got a connection. I wanted to see if my daughter would need to re-enter the password each time so I logged off and re-booted the laptop. Once I re-booted, the connection has dissappeared and it won't find it when I try to refresh the network connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 12:27 30 Dec 06

Hi guys

I have been trying to work through the probelm while waiting for any suggestions and although everything on the face of it seems ok, the laptop just tells me there is not wireless network available. I tried to repair the connection but it comesup with a message that windows could not repair the connection and to contact the person managing the network... which is me.... oh dear!

Thanks Boo

boo_hiss_boo 12:54 30 Dec 06

Hiya

I have just tried to re set up the connection and my daughters laptop has given me the message 'some of this computers hardware is still disconnected. Before you can continue you must either plug in of otherwise connect all of your hardware, or select 'ignore disconnected network hardware'

Thanks
Boo

postie24 14:11 30 Dec 06

boo_hiss_boo,the person managing your network isnt you,its your isp provider,eg, bt,ntl,orange.

Is the wireless lan enabled in laptop?

boo_hiss_boo 14:58 30 Dec 06

HI postie24, The laptop is wireless enabled but I dont know if I have to 'enable' it as such ie turn on any settings in the laptop, it seems strange though that earlier when I tried to set it all up, when I went to 1925.168.1.2 for the set up listings, my daughters laptop was listed but now it has dissappeared...?

Thanks
Boo

postie24 15:56 30 Dec 06

Look for the wireless lan enable button on laptop.
It might be on the front of laptop or at the side.Should light up when enabled.

Check your router home page,it should be 192.168.1.2
Not as in your posting

boo_hiss_boo 16:23 30 Dec 06

Hi postie,

I think that has made a difference because I managed to connect the laptop and it connected briefly to the internet, however it keeps disconnecting and trying to aquire network address followed by limited or no connectivity... any ideas?

PS the router home page was a typo on my part..

Thanks again

Boo

boo_hiss_boo 17:00 30 Dec 06

HIya postie24 again

I have just restarted my daughters laptop and now the wireless network is not even being found in range to even try to connect to... ohh this is not so easy is it....

Soryy to be a pain
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 18:52 30 Dec 06

Postie24

Thanks for all of your help, I rebooted modem, router & both PC's and all seems to be working ok so far. I have restarted daughters pc a few times and it does seem to automaticcaly find the connection ok now.. so Thanks again

Boo

boo_hiss_boo 18:53 30 Dec 06

Sorry

didn't see the resolved button last time

Ta Very Muchly
Boo

postie24 19:44 30 Dec 06

Glad its ok.Just do a quick check to make sure dns is running and set to auto.

Go to control panel/admin tools/component services/services(local

Check dns is set to auto

happy new year
Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…