Set up too fast for me to access BIOS

newearwax 06:58 05 Sep 07

I want to access my computer’s BIOS. And if I read the instructions for the NVIDIA nForce2 motherboard correctly I key delete at set-up. However, as I turn the computer on, the DOS screen appears only momentarily and I am unable to key delete quickly enough before the process to load windows commences.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I work round the problem?

Please help.

Sheik Yerbouti 07:06 05 Sep 07

As soon as you turn on the PC's power switch, start tapping away rapidly on the DEL key, that should do it!

newearwax 07:26 05 Sep 07

Tried your suggestion but no luck

birdface 07:38 05 Sep 07

As soon as your start your computer just keep tapping DEL Key, If that does not work try tapping F2 or F1 see if any of those work.

Sheik Yerbouti 08:36 05 Sep 07

Put Motherboard disk in tray and start pc, see if it tries to boot from it, might give you some options in there, my nvidia forceware disk gives you several options if it is in the drive at boot time. (Boot order needs to be cd 1st, set from BIOS, but worth a try)

Sheik Yerbouti 08:43 05 Sep 07

Or you could try holding down DEL key whilst turning on the power button, or phone the PC maker and ask the question , or look here click here= for some similar problems...best of luck with it, let us know if you get it sorted.

newearwax 14:10 05 Sep 07

In the end managed it by pressing the Pause key. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5