Set up problems with network

carper 18:34 10 Sep 07

I have been making alterations to my settings by trying to connect a second laptop wirelessly. I am quite happy to uninstall my modem router (Zyxel 660) and wireless adaptor. My query is how do I clear any settings which are already in my PC passwords etc.Any help appreciated. Regards Carper.

ambra4 19:16 10 Sep 07

carper

Is your Zyxel 660 ADSL 2+ Modem/Router no wireless or Zyxel 660 HW with wireless

I take it as a HW as you say a USB adapter and you want to add second pc

I take it the present wireless system is working fine

Why do you want to remove the setting on the first pc???

Just buy a second USB adapter if laptop do not have a build in one and connect it the present wireless system by setting the SSID name and the security code

carper 19:30 10 Sep 07

ambra 4 Sorry I missed out on the HW bit on my post.
The wireless modem router is connected to my PC and has has Ethernet imyernet connection, and the G 202 for wireless connection to my lap top.I wanted my son in law to be able to connect his laptop to my Internet settings and file sharing and tried to add the settings which I had done on my own laptop with a memory stick. I seem to have got all passwords mixed up and have lost my automatic dial up
It seemed to me that the easiest way would be to start from scratch and reinstall everything. Should you be answering this again tonigh I am afraid that I will not be able to reply until tomorrow.
Thanks for your interest Carper

ambra4 20:49 10 Sep 07

When you say “have lost my automatic dial up” do you mean router not connecting to Internet

Laptop can not connecting to wireless system??

Can your hard wire PC access the router and Internet??

If you mean laptop to router via the wireless system, just access the router wireless section and remove the security code

Leave the SSID name the same and try to access the wireless from the laptop

If you change the SSID name on the router you will have to change the SSID on the laptop and remove the security code

Once wireless system working again, enter new security code on router and laptop

Save the information via the note pad as a text document, which you can print, or save on your flash drive, the next tine you need it just copy and paste, you should have a hard copy file with all your User name & password

carper 21:09 10 Sep 07

Thanks for your response. Afraid it all seems a bit deep to me but I will work on it tomorrow Carper

carper 19:45 11 Sep 07

Ambra24 In answer to your queries.
1. modem connects to internet automatically on boot up via the ethernet hard wired connection
Initially the ZxXEL panel shows no transmission rate until I click connect which then gives 83% (Previously 96%)
2 Laptop cannot connect to the wireless system
laptop searches for wireless networks and locates my ZyXEL amongst others. When I enter the password, the laptop searches and then times out.
5. SSID says "Any".
I hope I can get to the point of saving the information./ Regards Carper

ambra4 01:51 12 Sep 07

How is your LAN card and browser set up??

Go to this posting and check your set up

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos