set up hyperlink from rs displayed on web page

machow 22:45 26 Nov 03

Hi everyone.
I have created a website in frontpage 2002. The site is connected to a database which holds info on Dvd Players, Mp3 Players etc....

It works so that when i click a hyperlink to the dvd page, it goes to the relevant page and displays all the records held in the dvd table.

What i want is to have just one additional web page that will display all the details of a selected record.

I have absolutley no idea how to do it. so any help would be great!

(If i have made sense that is.....) Thanks

Forum Editor 23:05 26 Nov 03

post a link to your site please?

machow 17:23 27 Nov 03

Hello, i havent got it hosted as yet, as i am still in the process of building it. its for an assignment and just view it using my iss.

Would it help to see it first?

Taran 19:24 27 Nov 03

Take a look at the FrontPage database results wizard for a start.

It helps you to generate a page to display the results of a database and you get to tweak the properties of what is displayed and when. It's not bad as a kick start, but you probably need to do it manually and you can certainly generate your own hyperlinked query but it can be a bit daunting if you aren't fully familiar with connecting to and querying a web based data source.

I'd suggest you read the excellent tutorials on FrontPage databases by Spooky click here and in particular the how-to article on "Query with hyperlink" at click here

They are about the best publicly available FrontPage database tutorials I've seen so far and they cover pretty much everything you need to know and do in easy to understand language.

Regards

Taran

machow 15:14 30 Nov 03

Thanks. you're right i would prefer to do them manually, to help me learn the code.

I'll take a look at them.

cheers

machow 22:26 01 Dec 03

I'm confused!
I have tried following the tutorials, but they do not seem to work. But i dont know why.

Can i just use code without using the wizards to set up a link form a db record already being displayed in a page. Th e current page just displays basic info on the product. I would like to be able to click on a record to display a page with all the details and image. But sadly i havent a clue how to do it.

Any help would be great, as i been forced to turn to chocolate and alcohol for solace!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant