set-up hotmail

CiderBob 19:20 02 May 05

I want to set up hotmail on my new computer. I don't know how. I follow the set up but don't know what to put in the lower box. It asks how I connect and I put in pop3 but I dunno what to put in the other box. I know my password for hotmail account and I can access it through the web site but I used to click on the mail icon and go straight into

Jak_1 19:26 02 May 05

Personally I wouldn't give hotmail the time of day, too much spam and viruses etc. Have a look at click here A free service with a choice extentions. Ziplip is one of the better freebies but they are not accepting new accounts at present but keep an eye on them for when they do.

octal 19:42 02 May 05

Are you setting your Hotmail in Outlook Express?

If so click here

By the way, you'll only be able to set up your Hotmail account on OE if you've had it for some time. Otherwise its webmail only, but there are ways around that.

Arthur Scrimshaw 19:43 02 May 05

in OE, click on tools, accounts, select the mail tab and click on add

it will ask for your name, then your email account. Enter your hotmail email account here. Then when it asks for your incoming mail server, click on the drop down box and select 'HTTP', it will then ask for your service provider - select hotmail, it will then enter the webpage details for you. You will then need to enter your password details. I think that should do it. Remember to check the box for 'include this account when sending and receiving mail'

Technotiger 19:52 02 May 05

Hi, How do you connect - is asking whether you connect via dial-up or broadband. I have used hotmail for years with no problems other than an occasional blimp experienced by most users no matter what they use.

ACOLYTE 20:00 02 May 05

Im not sure if Hotmail still let you get your email through OE,it may do but im sure i read somwhere it was no longer supporting the feature,
But when/if it works you may need to download the folders off the hotmail site to put in OE,but its been a while since i used OE so im not sure how it all works now,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…