SET UP A HOME NETWORK

HI I WISH TO SET UP A HOME NETWORK TO SHARE BROADBAND CONNCETION BOTH PC ARE RUNNING XP PRO
I HAVE TO NET CARDS AND ENOGHT NET WIRETO GO ROUND THE WIRLD DO I NEED ANY THING ELES AND HOW DO I SET UP THE NETWORK ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE B4 I START THANK YOU ENGLISH113

recap 14:49 04 Jun 04

Firstly english113 please turn off your caps lock, leaving it on when on the Internet means you are shouting.

click here

or

click here

CAPS TURNED OFF SORRY

WELL SEEMS STRIAGHT FORWARD BUT IS IT

AndySD 14:56 04 Jun 04

click here and have a look at the first two

johnnyrocker 14:58 04 Jun 04

click here and click here could help.

johnny.

TomJerry 14:59 04 Jun 04

Run network setup wizard on both machine. Enable "Internet Connection Sharing". Search XP's help, it will tell you how to do it. very easy to set up with XP machines.

You need Cat5e crossover wire, not patch wire. No need for anything else. If you do not have crossover wire, 5 meters cost £2.11 click here

By the way, try not to use capital letters in any net based discussion forum and email unless you mean it. Capital letters mean Shouting, general considerd as rude in internet.

ok now confused how do i no what wire ive got

did you mean a croosover adapter cos when ntl install bb they left one do i need it

AndySD 15:08 04 Jun 04

Look at the cable connectors you should be able to see the coloured cables.... if they are in exactly the same order its not a crossover.

AndySD 15:10 04 Jun 04

click here will show an example.

If it is not a crossover use the ntl adapter

recap 15:11 04 Jun 04

click here for a graphical representation of a crossover cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…