Set up Faxing.

carper 13:35 11 Sep 05

I have been trying to set up faxing and get the message that file fxscfgwz.dll cannot be found. There is nothing relevent in the archive, but I understand it is a common problem. I do not have the full XP disc but only OEM. I have downloaded the file from DLL-files.com but I am no further. The file seems to be a short cut to the main file but it seems like it might be a lead to advertise an unzip programme. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Regards Craper

Stuartli 14:02 11 Sep 05

Are you seeking to install the Fax Console from Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Components?

It should be quite straightforward.

anchor 16:22 11 Sep 05

This may help:

click here

Stuartli 18:22 11 Sep 05

Which is why I asked the original question...:-)

Windows has always had an excellent fax program from the days of Windows Messaging (wms.exe) and Awefax.exe and XP is no different.

WMS was particularly easy to use as it was based on the Outlook Express template with similar folders and operation.

carper 11:51 12 Sep 05

Thanks for your replies and I apoligise for the delay in coming back.
The sequence of things is as follows:- I go into add/remove programmes and click onto Add/remove windows components. Tick the Fax services box and click next. It then asks for the CD rom for Windows XP Home. My disc is OEM recovery only and I suspect that the file path is not present. I have downloaded the file fxscfgwz from DLL files.com and also copied it to new folder in "my docs". I have unzipped it into C/documents and settings. The title appears to be correct in the drop down box and the file is 108 KB. It appears that a path i386 is missing and does not seem to be on the CD.
Please help I am on the point of giving up. Regards Carper

Stuartli 13:10 12 Sep 05

i386 is a folder where the files are extracted and should be on your hard drive. If not follow the advice in this lin (it's been posted several times lately!):

click here

carper 15:50 12 Sep 05

Thanks Stuarli.
I'll try that when I can give it my undivided attention and post back Regards Carper

freaky 16:19 12 Sep 05

^

Stuartli 16:40 12 Sep 05

Even more comprehensive version:

click here

carper 09:54 14 Sep 05

Many Thanks Stuartli. Success with your second posting after a bit of a "fiddle"
RegaRDS cARPER

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…