set as a desktop item

dippydon 21:47 16 Sep 06

i clicked on a picture on ebay and as above its set as a desktop item.....how do i get rid of it ?.

silverous 22:03 16 Sep 06

Thanks, I'd never tried doing that before but now have ... not sure what it's for!

Try hovering over the desktop item, until you see a little black down arrow. Click/hover on that. Then select the Customise option (Customize my desktop I think it is called). Then switch to Web tab and find the ebay address of the picture in the list and select to delete it.

Like that?

terryf 22:11 16 Sep 06

Surely if you go to Windows explorer>desktop it will show up as a file on the desktop that you can right click on and choose delete?

dippydon 22:14 16 Sep 06

done it cheers.

silverous 12:23 17 Sep 06

Which way and can you tick as resolved?

dippydon 19:12 17 Sep 06

silverous:followed your directions and there was no problem.i ticked resolved 22:14.ticked again.my pc know how is very limited...hence post...

silverous 23:05 17 Sep 06

Still not resolved, I had that with a post earlier, if you post after ticking resolved does it untick it or something ?!

dippydon 17:15 18 Sep 06

i tick resolved and say thanks....i don,t get it either.

Curio 18:42 18 Sep 06

When you tick as resolved, make sure you click the resolved box beside it.

anskyber 18:53 18 Sep 06

You cannot tick as resolved and post at the same time, it must be two separate actions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…