Set up checking hardware configuration !?!?!

Stowit 21:34 10 Oct 05

I was trying to put XP home on my laptop (700mhz, 384 k Ram) previously running Win ME. First time & 2nd it did some installation, then it went wrong with antivirus software on the old set up. Then it did some instalation & rebooted, but when continuing to load XP it hangs with the above legend on screen (I left it for over 1 Hr) I can still boot in ME then run the XP disc, but whatever I do it hangs at this point. Perhaps I should have formated the HDD first, but am reluctant to do so then have no OS installed. Any suggestions appreciated.

Strawballs 22:08 10 Oct 05

you need to go into the bios to set it to boot cd rom first then put in the xp disc and reboot and follow instructions that should work

VoG II 22:14 10 Oct 05
  woodchip 22:23 10 Oct 05

You should never have AV running when trying to load a Operating System. If necessary you should have first removed from Add Remove Programs

Stowit 21:07 11 Oct 05

Thanks chaps, I've been unable to even look at it today, woodchip .............. I know now! (-: I'll try again tomorrow, & repost if without success. As always your support is appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…