Set up can't load Keyboard layout KBDUS.DLL

nerawan 17:54 06 Feb 11

Hi people. I had some problems with my PC. Dell Optiplex Wind XP so decided to re-install windows but after it satrats loading drivers get the message "set up can't load keyboard layout KBDUS.DLL. Can't not continue". Any idea what can I do to solve thid problem. Thanks.

northumbria61 21:13 06 Feb 11

Have a look here click here - read through it all and especially the last post (ie.the bottom of the screen) May be worth a try doing that before things get too complicated.

northumbria61 21:16 06 Feb 11

AND - this is the other method - but for that you will need another computer - see RESOLUTION. click here

nerawan 16:31 08 Feb 11

I solved the problem in a diff way. I used a program ONTRACK manager that I have used in the past to format the HD. It was strange that I didn't get an option that always used b4. It did 23 or 24 partitions and I think that created the problem. I had another copy of that program , I used it and I got the option that formatted the whole HD as a unit. After that I was able to install XP and I was surprised that it took only about 12 minutes. With previos older PCs it usually took 45 min.

northumbria61 10:04 09 Feb 11

nerawan - Thanks for tyhe feedback. Good to hear problem resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now