session manager problem

bigboab y 20:26 06 Sep 10

My sons Toshiba satellite M70 laptop starts but then shows a BSOD saying "session manager initialization" wont start. When I run the original XP cd it gets so far but then stops at the "starting windows screen" and will go no further..
Is this a corrupt registry problem.? Any geniusses out there know what the fix is.? All suggestions greatfully received

bigboab y 20:38 06 Sep 10

Further info it shows a fatal system error C000021a

MAJ 20:42 06 Sep 10

How to troubleshoot the error. click here

bigboab y 12:37 08 Sep 10

No further forward on this... I keep seeing "make a recovery disc" but this is to a floppy disc...this laptop does not have a FDD... Is there a way to make a recovery CD or is there one available to buy?

Nontek 12:44 08 Sep 10
  bigboab y 12:52 08 Sep 10

Thanks for that Nontek.I'll think about it..I went on Ebay and there are squillions of CD's claiming to recover any operating system. Anyone tried one of these?

bigboab y 15:24 10 Sep 10

I went to plan "b"... I installed another SATA 80GB hard drive which I bought on Ebay some time ago (sold to me as good) Now when I start up I get a message saying BOOTMGR IS MISSING.I put in the XP PRO CD and it gets as far as the blue screen which says "starting windows" then just sits there. I can hear the cd winding down to a stop.Could it be this HD has already got VISTA on it as I believe "Bootmgr is missing" is a VISTA message . Doing my head in this.

birdface 15:30 10 Sep 10

Had a look on E-bay this morning and was looking at the exact same things as yourself.
nearly all had good seller statistics.
I think £3 odds was the dearest well worth a try I would think.
Also one there for fixing passwords that have been forgotten.
very seldom go into E-bay but glad that i did just to see what was on offer.

birdface 15:39 10 Sep 10

Remember you would need to get one for a laptop and not a desktop.
I am sure I read that while I was browsing on there.

bigboab y 15:41 10 Sep 10

OOOO never thought of that BUTEMAN... I'll check it out... also considering buying a pre - FORMATTED hard drive as I dont know the history of the one I'm using. Cheers again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…