services.exe' terminated unexpectedly

Tiscali 09:59 17 Apr 06

When I connect to the internet ZoneAlarm asks do you want to allow services & controller app to access the internet. If I tick no I can connect without any problems. If I tick yes it says services and controller app has encountered a problem.

c:\windows\system32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819. The message says that the computer will shut down in 60 seconds, but it just freezes. The computer will not restart or shutdown so I have to press reset. I am running XP Home SP2.

I have searched MS and can’t find a fix for this. The only mentions on Google relate to viruses and worms, but I have scanned my computer with several anti-virus and spyware programs and it is clean. Has anyone come across this problem and know of a fix?

This has only happened since last Friday when I did get an infected file download but AVG Free dealt with that. I can’t do a system restore because one of the fixes on Google required that System Restore was turned off, and that caused previous restore points to disappear.

User-312386 10:11 17 Apr 06

have you been to windows update?

If not click here

Tiscali 10:27 17 Apr 06

Yes, all critical updates have been installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…