Services in Windows XP

LANDCRUISER 14:16 24 Jan 05

Hi there, please could you tell me if i adjusted every services to run automaticly would i be comprimising my pc, i know that it would slow the pc down a shade but if it made the pc work better i think i could live with that thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 14:25 24 Jan 05

i cant see a benefit in doing that, in my opinion it would lead to conflict probs amongst other things.

johnny.

LANDCRUISER 14:33 24 Jan 05

Thanks jonneyrocker, can you expand your reasoning & what conflix i might get,as it part of microsoft program to let you adjust things as you want i cannot see why you cannot set all to automatic.

Jackcoms 14:41 24 Jan 05

Does this help? click here

LANDCRUISER 15:21 24 Jan 05

Ta Jackcoms, very usefull but i cannot see if by enabling all the services will it compromise my pc it more to do with what you can do without.

feb 15:24 24 Jan 05

Hi LANDCRUISER

When you say to make the PC run better, What sort of problems are you having?

LANDCRUISER 15:29 24 Jan 05

Hi feb,from time to tme you get little problems accuring,i just wondered if by having all services running automaticly would i have fewer problems.

mattyc_92 15:32 24 Jan 05

If anything there would be more problems....

Spyware can be installed more easier...

Loads of "pop-ups" from "Messenger"...

Easier for people to "hack" your system..

The list seems to go on!!!

feb 15:38 24 Jan 05

Follow Jackcoms link and set services to the recomendations and see how it goes from there, you can always reset if no better!

LANDCRUISER 15:41 24 Jan 05

Hi mattyc_92,thanks for your input,if this is the case why do microsoft load this on there program,as it is i have messenger disabled,& i have plenty of spyware programs loaded, why does it make it easer for people to hack into pc.

mattyc_92 15:47 24 Jan 05

Through the "messenger pop-ups".... MOst of the problems, that I know of, is some sort of a result of the pop-ups!!!....

Microsoft puts this on, for people to "interact" with everyone else (normally for business or security alerts)... But people use it for advertising illegal programs/activities and some "trick" you so you install something that you think helps your system, but that is the program that is causing the problem... (if you get what I mean)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…