service slow to start

Night Ryder 17:47 03 Sep 05

I have a windows XP pro system. The system boots up OK in the expected amount of time however some of the services take about one minute to start. I think it may have something to do with the "Service control manager" according to the event viewer information. During this minute I'm unable to enter control pannel, Run Internet explorer or access the internet. After a minute has passed the internet connection appears on the taskbar allong with other items such as my graphics card control centre and everything is again functional. During this minute in limbo I have attempted to manually start the internet service. This works but appears to make no difference to the amount of time for the service to startup. I'm left looking at a progress bar slowly moving to the right untill it finaly connects allong with several other services.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have an idea what is causing it?

AndySD 17:58 03 Sep 05

click here aqn Bootvis set it to create a log and reboot the pc. The log will show what is slowing the boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…