Service Pack2

sigy 09:55 23 Oct 04

I was trying to install the Sp2 the on the promt of install from the cd it started to extract some file to my D drive, which after it was finished everything stopped and the temp file on the D drive disapeared also and the instalati0on stopped any help is ir a faulty cd?
thanks

SEASHANTY 10:05 23 Oct 04

You can tell if SP2 has been installed by checking your system with BELARC. If you haven't got this installed then download the free program from here and install it on your PC.
click here
SP2 takes around 20 mins to install. It checks
your config. makes a backup, creates a restore point before installing the files then it does a cleanup before you click on finish. I have installed this on two PC's from 2 separate downloads and on two other PC's using the free SP2 disc from PC magazine. Have had no trouble with any of the four PC's.

sigy 10:45 23 Oct 04

SEASHANTY,
Thank you for your reply, but the problem is that installation did not even started after the cd started to extract some files to d drive.

SEASHANTY 11:54 23 Oct 04

If you have broadband you can install from the Windows update website otherwise you need the disc.
I believe you can also get the disc free from Microsoft but it was also on many of the computer mags last month - maybe still is available that way but you would have to purchase the magazine so it's not free that way. It may not in fact be a faulty disc but something else. See this google links list
click here

sigy 08:43 24 Oct 04

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…