Service Pack won't download

TommyRed 19:50 17 Apr 03

Tried to download the latest Service Pack from Microsoft but it just freezes at the 'Web Page Dialog' window. Went to the troubleshooter which asked me to do this:

Please re-register the following files:
regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

1. Click "Start," and then click "Run."
2. Type regsvr32 msscript.ocx in the "Open" box and click "OK."
3. Repeat for dispex.dll,vbscript.dll, and scrrun.dll.

Next, make sure file (open) type .JS is properly associated:
1. In Control Panel, click "Folder Options," and then click "File Types."
2. Locate the .JS extension and click "Advanced."
3. Make sure the "Application to perform action" field contains: C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* This is for a Windows XP computer. For Windows 2000 substitute the C:\WINDOWS\ with C:\Winnt\. For Windows 98 and Windows Millenium Edition substitute this: C:\WINDOWS\System\ for C:\Windows\system32.

2 problems, first when I type in regsvr32 msscript.ocx I get a 'failed' box with the message
RegSvr32
LoadLibrary("msscript")failed
GetLastError returns 0x00000485

Have sent enquiry to Microsoft but god knows how long they'll take to reply. The service pack is needed to allow KazaaLite to install. Any ideas?

BEVERLEY-256334 23:01 17 Apr 03

Not sure about this but make sure you install this seperatly from any other updates and close any other running programs, don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.

Steinman 23:18 17 Apr 03

Had a similar problem with an update/security pack thing once with Me. I turned off Norton System Doctor & Screensaver & all ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…