SERVICE PACK QUESTION HELP PLEASE

timothy44 12:26 02 Feb 03

i am running windows xp and have just downloaded and installed the service pack i. I have two questions, I now seem to have something called SET PROGRAMS_ ACCESS AND DEFAULTS, which gives me a choice of 3 submenus-- MICROSOFT WINDOWS, NON MICROSOFT and CUSTOM. HELP I don't have a clue what to do with this or what to set it at. I use hotmail, messenger if that's any help. Question 2 is now when i sign into aol and try to open anything it keeps saying i'm not on line until i click on "connect".
What's happening? I'm seriously considering "system restor" and taking it back off.HELP!!

Joe McG 12:40 02 Feb 03

timothy44, firstly ms windows, non ms, custom.
These settings are so that you can make your own default settings with each of microsofts programs, instead of them defaulting to these automatically.

This is due to one of the court hearings in the USA, and supposedly makes Ms look better.

Not sure about the AOL, though my stepfather has AOL broadband and still has to log on every time he goes online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…