timothy44 12:35 22 Jan 03
  timothy44 12:35 22 Jan 03

Hi, I'm trying to install the XP service pack 1 from the disc I obtained from the microsoft website, however when I put it in the drive nothings happening. I've tried every way I know to access it and install it. Do you think it's a faulty disc? has anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit nervous about installing it anyway as I've read about so many people having problems with it. Is it necessary?

special sophie 12:47 22 Jan 03

why didn't you download it ?

timothy44 12:49 22 Jan 03

too long!! Did it once and computer cut out after 30mins.

special sophie 12:58 22 Jan 03

oh i see are you on dial up

special sophie 13:00 22 Jan 03

Try downloading it off kazaa the sp1 service pack is on there and it is the valid microsoft service pack not a cracked version.

timothy44 13:05 22 Jan 03

how long will it take and can you give me the link

m25man 13:20 22 Jan 03

I installed the update from CDRom without any problem- it installed ok and the system has been fine since (touch wood!) Dumb question- is your problem just that you have autorun disabled? can you browse the disk and find an 'install' or similar file? (I'm not at home so don't have access to my disk)

special sophie 13:21 22 Jan 03

I think its about 38Mb so it will take a while if you are on dial up but if you don't know how to use kazaa then I would suggest not doing so unless you have an update virus scanner on your system

special sophie 13:24 22 Jan 03

click here couple of hours maybe to download

Paranoid Android 13:26 22 Jan 03

WinXp Sp1 = 130 Mb. Also note it will not work with hacked versions of XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…