Service pack 3 installed XP now Firefox wont work

bumpkin 21:15 PM 11 Jan 13

Hi, had to do a re install of my OS XP a while back and SP2 from the disk. Originally had SP3 but when I tried to download it from Microsoft site I only got error messages so I gave up in the end. Saw a link in a posting today to download it from a different source which I did with no problems. Since I have done this Firefox no longer works, I can type something in the search bar and click search but nothing happens. Any suggestions please.

SillBill 21:23 PM 11 Jan 13

Can you still use Bookmarks?

SillBill 21:26 PM 11 Jan 13
  finerty 06:20 AM 12 Jan 13

try to do a system restore to an earlier time. go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, then system restore. Download firefox from file hippo dot com

download avast from hippo download a firewall have them both installed and running

then try to update sp3 through microsoft.

bumpkin 12:22 PM 12 Jan 13

Jock1e, tried you suggestion but still won't work. I can get it to work if I do restore but then SP3 not showing.

bumpkin 21:52 PM 12 Jan 13

I seem to be falling down the list but still not sorted it so any suggestions please

bumpkin 22:14 PM 12 Jan 13

Thanks for the link SillBlll had a good look at it and tried a few things but it gets beyond my simple brain.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…