Service Pack 3

thumbscrew 20:18 08 Jul 10

I use XP Home, can anyone tell me how to find out if I've got Service Pack 3 installed?

Im a diddy 20:19 08 Jul 10

start >control panel>system

birdface 20:33 08 Jul 10

start >control panel Add-Remove.

thumbscrew 20:34 08 Jul 10

Got it Im a diddy, thanks pal.

thumbscrew 20:36 08 Jul 10

Just seen yours Buteman, add/remove tells me SP2, however diddy's method on System shows SP3?????

Sea Urchin 21:08 08 Jul 10

I'm a diddy's method is correct

thumbscrew 21:21 08 Jul 10

Thanks Sea Urchin. Any idea why it's showing 2 on add/remove?

birdface 21:27 08 Jul 10

At the very bottom of add remove it should show SP3.It did on mine and one that I just installed SP3 on today.
As long as you found it thats the main thing.

Sea Urchin 21:37 08 Jul 10

As buteman says if you do show it it will be listed as Windows XP Service Pack 3 towards the bottom of the list.

But often it does not appear in Add/Remove Programs - it depends on what other programs you have installed - such as .NETFramework for example - and which order you installed them.

On my XP system it doesn't appear in Add/Remove although I do have SP3 installed.

thumbscrew 21:38 08 Jul 10

Hello Buteman, yes I've got it too on the bottom of Add/Remove. Thanks for your help amigo, also thanks for your post about Spywareblaster update.

Sea Urchin 21:49 08 Jul 10

buteman

I should just say that I wasn't suggesting that your method was wrong :@) - just that if it had not been listed in thumbscrew's Add/Remove then diddy's method would always show the correct OS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…