service pack 2

any help on this matter would be appreciated

have recently installed service pack 2 for windows xp and when i install any programs a warning message comes up saying that i have unrecognised files and do i wish to continue using these files...

have i done something wrong

many thanks

Chezdez 09:51 20 Jan 05

what is the error message exactly?

just that you have an error message isn't enough to go by....

cant remember exactly but it is something like windows xp files have been replaced with unrecognised versions and would i like to replace them with the original versions...if so please insert service pack 2 cd(which i dont have) to replace these files......its lost me

ventanas 10:21 20 Jan 05

I've seen something like this before. After installing something on one pc I was told that some Windows files had been replaced and I should insert the XP disc to put the originals back, which I duly did and have had no problems since.

The strange thing is this program is installed to 35 pc's, all running XP pro, and only this one came up with the message.

Perhaps a reinstall of SP2 might solve it.

how do i go about reinstalling it???

Chezdez 11:28 20 Jan 05

uninstall it, and then just install it again

ACOLYTE 12:26 20 Jan 05

You might be able to get a copy of the sp2 cd from pc world they did have them and were free save you dloading it again.

this is exactly what it says....

windows file protection.
files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions.To maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of these files.
Insert your windows xp pro service pack 2 cd now.

ok retry cancel

ACOLYTE 11:03 21 Jan 05

click here any help?

a

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…