//some 3rd party need geo

Service Pack 2

@Home 13:54 13 May 04

I have put XP service pack 2(beta) in my PC and now it is doing a few strange things. Re-starting on its own, Starting up with the sound disabled.

So can I uninstall it? If so How?
There is no mention of it in my Add/Remove List.

If I cannot will system restore get shut of it.

Thanks

JayDay 14:39 13 May 04

System restore should solve your problem.

@Home 15:04 13 May 04

Thanks for the reply.

Is that the only option?

@Home 17:17 13 May 04

System will not restore to any point before I put service Pack 2 In.

Can anyone help me get it out?

rawprawn 17:34 13 May 04

When you go to Control Panel/ Add or remove programs/ put a tick in the box at the top, show Updates. you will then find ot listed, and you can uninstall. However your problem doesn't sound as though SP2 is at fault. Try running Spybot & Ad-aware, or get Avast virus cleaner from click here. I think SP2 is really good.

keverne 21:15 13 May 04

Do you think it was a good idea to subject your system to a major change using *beta* code without knowing how to get out of a disaster situation?

stalion 21:29 13 May 04

general feeling on this seems to be wait for the final released version

2neat 21:58 13 May 04

I think the idea is u report probs (Re-starting on its own, Starting up with the sound disabled)to Microsoft. A good lesson to others thinking of puttin beta softy on pc. Have a word with Microsoft.

@Home 23:50 13 May 04

rawprawn - Thanks for that.

unfortunately that didn't work either - Looks like a complete reinstall. Not again!!!!!!!!

woodchip 00:02 14 May 04

You should have waited as they are going to give SP2 CD away in big Comp shops like PCworld all 200mb's of it, what a shambles it's bigger than the entire Win98se OS by two. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…