service pack 1 won't download/invalid product key

cyberbreed 19:12 09 Jun 04

Hi I have tried to update to SP1 but the upgrade won't work as it says 'invalid password'.
I have checked on MS piracy site and it seems my XP will not activate. I bought the PC privately, the seller had it built by a third party and was ripped off. It came with no system disks. I believe therefore its a pirated XP but I had purchased the product myself on a lap top I sold. The PC works fine and I've upgraded and tinkered but it seems I can't download SP1 for future SP1 updates. Reading the MS site my only option seems to be purchasing XP and reloading the HD. Have I any other options? Or do I just forget about SP1 and soldier on regardless?

Indigo 1 19:15 09 Jun 04

Try BigFix from click here for downloading and installing only those updates and patches relevant to your configuration.

Take my word for it, it will update pirated XP copies.

spanneress 19:16 09 Jun 04

Can't you borrow SP1 for XP on a disc from a pal?
Often the freebie discs have it on.....

sicknote 19:29 09 Jun 04
  ZEROTOLERANCE 19:40 09 Jun 04

i have this very same problem, i went back to where i bought the tower from and they laughed, saying sorry nothing they could do to help,

sicknote,
can your link cause any problems? like locking my computer etc?

sicknote 19:43 09 Jun 04

don't read it or use it then !!!!

spikeychris 19:50 09 Jun 04

"Don't read or use it then"....why don't you just not post it??? This prog and others like bluelist are vermin of the net. This forum was not designed for them.

They are used to try and get around the SP1 by not using the fckgw

Rabi 19:51 09 Jun 04

Have the same problem as Cyberbreed, but with Office XP which was pre-loaded on a PC I bought in Asia. Is there a similar fix available for Office XP, so I can update it online?

Cook2 20:10 09 Jun 04

A while back I realised I had been 'palmed off' with, what turned out to be, a very good 'copy' of XP Professional, at a boot fair 'Yes Guv, half price init, me ol' man died am I'm selling all 'is stuff like'. It's a pity I didn't notice the flying pig overhead. I only realised when I was trying to download some of the updates and our 'Bill' said **** off you thieveing swine. Anyway, I now have a genuine XP Home. My motto to anyone is 'Buy the Genuine stuff from a reputable outlet' and in the end you will actually save money.

sicknote 20:11 09 Jun 04

I think you got the wrong end of stick !!!!,I like you and many others use orginal equipment,But sometimes poor people like cyberbreed are hoodwinked by what they buy,I think by pointing people in a direction that might just get then out of trouble,i never said use it and never said read it so it's they choice/decision.I also point out that you seem to know about these as you mention them in you thread.So What do think of indigo1's thread then ?? he said alot more than I

sicknote 20:22 09 Jun 04

I think you got the wrong end of stick !!!!,I like you and many others use orginal equipment,But sometime poor people like cyberbreed are hoodwinked by what they buy,I think by pointing people in a direction that might just get then out of trouble,i never said use it and never said read it so it's they decision.I also point out that you seem to know about these as you mention them in you thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…