Service Control Managaer ??

rogertjj 08:45 28 Nov 03

After using a restore CD for my dad's WIndows NT PC, he now gets an error message whenever he boots up his PC. The error says that one or more services failes to load. Check the Event Viewer for more info.

The Event Viewer has two error messages, both relating to the Service Control Manager.

The first one says 'The Computer Browser service depends on the Service which failes to start because of the following error : Not enough server storage is available ot process this command'

The 2nd one is 'Ther Service terminated with the following error : Not enough storage is available to process this command'

He has Windows NT 4.0 with SP4. Any help gratefully received

JIM 09:01 28 Nov 03

have a look at link,appears you may have to Reapply the Windows NT Service Pack.

click here

rogertjj 09:27 28 Nov 03

Thanks Jim. Don't suppose you have any idea how to reapply the Service Pack ???

Or, would installing SP6 solve the problem ??

Thanks again

JIM 12:18 28 Nov 03

Not my field,NT,( try to have confimed by others)but "normally most would agree" that the later any service pack the better?

If you go to link it will give you,Download LINK by clicking on Next for SP6a.

Would suggest taking the save to Option to a folder on download so you can install after checking out any info from links

Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a Standard Version for Intel (x86) platform - U.S. English

File Name: SP6patch_i386.exe

click here

click here

rogertjj 16:35 28 Nov 03

Ok, thanks a lot for your help. I'll get him to download SP6a and see if it fixes the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…